Sunday, January 18, 2009

Super Sunday!

 We got 5 inches of snow last night meaning that The Shmoo slept in this morning.  I then spent the 2 hours working on my Cowl.  The pattern is from Purl, and the yarn is Cashcotton Classic yarns.  I started knitting it for my cousin who lives in Boulder, but decided to hand it over to one of my friends  here as school.  The pattern is very simple, but it seems to be taking me forever to complete.  I hope to have it off of my needles by tomorrow...we'll see if it really happens.


On other fronts I finished my bits and pieces quiltie this evening while on duty in the dorm.  Nothing like a little hand sewing to pass the time.  I used some black batik for the boarder and binding, and loved the way it turned out.  Even J inquired as to where it was headed.  He was happy to hear it was staying with us.  I can never tell with him sometimes!


This week I have a quiltie to make for a swap, and need to cut the fabric out for a Valentine's Day quilt I hope to pull together for my mother.  We're supposed
to get more snow this week, so it should be a good quilting week. 

 I wish you all a good night.  Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment