Sunday, January 11, 2009

Post #1




So, it seems that everyone has a blog. I am not usually a trend follower, but this seems like something I might actually enjoy. As a self proclaimed fabric junky I decided I should share some photos of my " stash". It is a large stash, and quite frankly I should be embarrassed to post it for the world to see....but I'm not!



I love fabric! I walk into a fabric shop and feel both calm and overwhelmed at the same time. The calm of such wonderful colors and textures surrounding me, and the overwhelming need to create something out of each bolt. I see bags, quilts, pillowcases, skirts, pj pants for The Shmoo.....So, I end up buying bits and pieces of fabric, and over the last 15 years I have developed a STASH.


In 2009 I hope to whittle down my stash through swaps (using my beloved bits and pieces to create quilties for others), and make quilts for those close to me. I've done well using my stash for swaps, but it seems that I am having difficulty not replenishing. Below is evidence #1- the results of the past week.






Well, everything takes time. A life time of collecting cannot be changed in a few weeks....maybe not even a life time. Until next time- may peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment