Friday, August 21, 2009

How time flies...

A month, what?  It's been a month since my last post.  Well, a lot has happened in the past 4 weeks.  We (I ) packed up our house, facilitated our move, and started the unpacking process whilst waiting for my mom to arrive and save the day!  She did arrive from the heat of North Carolina, stayed for 10 wonderful days, and is missed dearly by all!

The Shmoo and I have been home together this past week waiting for Pre-School to re-open.  Most of our days have been spent with The Shmoo in nothing but a t-shirt POTTY TRAINING, and me asking him every half hour if he has to use the potty.  He seems to be getting the hang of it, and spent a few hours out and about with big-boy underwear on.  I informed his teacher that I would not be sending him to school with diapers on Monday, but rather a bag full of clothes and underwear.  That is why we pay the big bucks for pre-school, right?  But, I cannot have his soiled clothes coming home in a plastic bag, so I purchased some water repellant fabric today to make him a wet bag.  Come on now, only the very best for my boy.

Monday marks the beginning of our new life.  Pre-school drop off is 9am for The Shmoo ( YAhoooooo).  I am still unemployed ( with my name on the sub list for the local elementary schools- I've had enough of high school kids for right now), and hoping to take this time to figure out what I really want to do when I grow up.  My family is pushing me to use my sewing skills to make some $$$, and I may....but I need a plan.  So, Monday is the start of my planning process.  Part of that planning includes spending some more time here in Blogland with all of you lovely people.

Until then, Peace be with you!

1 comment:

  1. Potty training is not going over so well here at the Woodchuck Den.

    It will be interesting to see what you decide to do with your sewing skills and making money at it. I know a fair number of local (Franklin County) crafters, and I'm always impressed with their inventiveness.

    ReplyDelete