Tuesday, March 9, 2010

DQS8- Sent and received!

So, yesterday was the FINAL day to mail off our Doll Quilts for DQS8 over on Flickr! And, true to my usual fashion I was in line at the post office at 3 pm yesterday:-) However, I must say that I am very proud of this quilt. I pushed myself technically and design wise. J even asked if it was for us, as he thought it would look just perfect in OUR HOUSE!
But, it is traveling west, and should be there tomorrow!

I have titled it " Dresden Fruit Plate" even though there are veggies and even one nut in the bunch. I was so taken with how well it turned out that I have started a lap size version for my mom ( who say a picture and proclaimed me the most brilliant daughter around)!



And this lovely beauty is the Doll Quilt I RECEIVED from Erin! Erin and I have swapped before, and it was so nice to "know" who had made my quilt. A definite bonus to the whole swapping adventure!!! And, I just love it. The colors are perfect, and I am in love the fabric. It is going to be hung in the living room for all to admire.
Erin commented today that she was afraid that I would take offense to the naked mermaids...she clearly has not been reading my blog:-) So, no Erin, I am not offended, and frankly did not even notice. I was too taken by the quality of quilting, and the flow of the design. Thank you so much for the time and energy you put into this quilt!!!

I will have more fun things to share soon.

Peace be with you!

2 comments:

  1. Neat quilt you made ... perfect name too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this WONDERFUL quilt!!! It does look perfect in my house! I love and appreciate all of the hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete