Monday, January 18, 2010

A week worth of sewing

Last week was a very productive one for me and my sewing machine...and my knitting needles. The above projects ( minus the neighborly sweater) have been sitting in piles of blocks for months. MONTHS I tell you. From left to right: Red and Aqua swap hosted by Jane. This is one of the two toddler quilts I was able to put together out of the 100 disappearing 9-patch blocks I received. The rail fence has been sitting in strips since last May. This is the first quilt along from this group of lovely quilters. The scrappy log cabins were gathered from this group, and the pinwheels from this group. All of these quilts will be making their way to various organizations to wrap children with warmth and love. I hope to spend more time in 2010 using my crafting skills for good. Being a mother, with a son who sleeps under 4 quilts, I cannot imagine my child being cold during the winters months or without a special blanket of his very own. So, I hope to use up my stash for good this year!

If you are a knitter I highly recommend the Neighborly sweater pattern. I knit this cutie in less than 2 days. The one pictured above will be flying to a good friend of The Shmoo's just because I think it will be cute on her in cold New Hampshire. The one on my needles right now is destine for a classmate of The Shmoo who happens to also be our neighbor. I promise there will be many more of the puppies appearing over the next few months.

Well, I bid you all a great week, and check back here for this weeks projects. I've been very busy!!!

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment