After getting over super sensative self I decided to get some work done. So, this has been a week of many projects.
Sunday, I made these bags for my former advisees. There are actually two more, but I figured this post was picture heavy enough. My girls ( yes, they are still mine) started the first day of their Senior Year in High School last Monday, so I put these bags filled with goodies in their mailboxes bright and early Monday morning. They were a big hit!
Monday I tackled my Old Red Barn quilt along Zig Zag quilt. I have been collecting fruit and veggie fabrics, and decided that this was the perfect project for them. I had the squares cut already, but drew all of the lines, sewed, ironed, cut, and sewed some more for almost 5 hours to get the top done. However, once I put it on our bed I realized it was too small. So, this week it will get large white boarders on it to make it work!
Tuesday I threw this baby quilt together. I had a charm pack of Snippets that I was holding on to for...well, that was the point, nothing really, so I decided to make a mini version of Crazymomquilts 9-patch quilt along to see what my larger one will look like. Note to self: make sure your blocks are all 6.5" BEFORE you start sewing. I did quite a bit of Un-sewing to make the sashing line up properly.
Wednesday I finally put this little cutie together. I have had the blocks sitting around for almost 2 years now. I made a similar one for a friend's baby, and ended up with extra blocks. So, I threw the blocks up on my design wall last week, and have been looking at them for awhile. It was not quite big enough on its own, so added a coin boarder. I really like the way it turned out!
Thursday was basting day. I commandeered a friends kitchen floor ( ours is about 1 square foot total) and got to work. Let me just say that this is the first time I have taped the backing fabric they way you are " supposed to", and it really works---imagine that :-)
Friday I turned a King size flat sheet into an XXL twin sheet for a friends son. He is about 6'5" and has never had a sheet that fits him. Well, he is off to college and so I went to work. It ended up being 56" by about 133" long....HUGE really. But, it fits him perfectly, so it looks likeI will be making a few more once they find some fun sheets.
Saturday I had a request for 16 bags for my former employer. They need them by Wednesday, so I've been a sewing machine. Here are the first 6- well, actually there are 8 in the photo, but the baby ones are just for fun!
Sunday was spent at a Family reunion for my Husband's family. It was a long day for family, and everyone slept soundly last night ( to say the least). Today will bring more bags! I'll post a picture of the finished projects soon.
Peace be with you.