Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm not a runner...


But I run. I am short ( 5' 3") and I DO NOT have a runners body!

I've never been a " sporty" girl. I danced throughout junior high and high school. But, I started running in college, and never looked back. I completed my first half marathon weeks after graduating from college, my second months before meeting my husband to be, and the third, well, funny you should ask. My third will be in 4 days.

This is my first big run since giving birth, and let me tell you...everything is NOT the same as it once was. I seem to pick up speed during the last stretch in order to get to the potty ASAP.

My previous two runs were for me, to prove that I could. And, I did. However, this one is for others. I will be running as part of a team. Upper Valley Haven is a shelter/ food pantry/ transition center. Of all the teams I could be running for, I am proud to be a member of this one! My family and friends have been so generous in their monetary support as well as emotional support!

So, while I have been sewing quite a bit ( new post tomorrow on all that), most of my free time has been spent running. Hopefully all of my hard work will pay off, and I will not be the LAST person across the finish line:-)

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment